Being Single in a Couple-Centric World

 

I’ve had heaps of practice with being single. It’s not like I didn’t have a chance to get a boyfriend, but I never found it a practical way to spend my youth. I mean, I know I’m going to get married one day and I’ll spend the rest of my life with a husband, so I don’t want to spend my younger days caught up in some boy because I’ll have plenty of time for that later. Anyway, there are so many ways you can do to have fun MINUS a significant other and I know that from my eighteen years of experience.

Have a girl’s night out

Girl’s night outs are the best thing ever since I-don’t-even-know-what. You can go watch movies, musicals... You can go shopping, go on a trip, and have adventures. Just be careful not to end up somewhere sketchy with your girls.

Flirt

You don’t have the commitment of having to flirt with just one guy, le boyfriend. When you’re single, you can shamelessly flirt with all the guys you think are ka-yoot. Talk to guys, wink at guys, give guys “the look”. LOL. Have some fun!

Do something useful with your time

I know a lot of my friends have their homework forgotten on their beds because they have to be with their girlfriend/boyfriend. When you’re single, you can use your time to catch up with your homework and projects.

Hang out with your single friends

There’s something really fun about hanging out with fellow single people. I always have the most fun with them for some reason. Oh, and it’s always fun going in between couples and then laughing like crazy afterwards for splitting up their embrace.

As you can see, there are a whole heap of things you can do boyfriend/girlfriend-less. In fact, you can do almost EVERYTHING AND MORE than couples can do. Like, even for some couple-centric things like dances and stuff (note: I said "some" because save your lips up for your future love, alright?), you can just grab a guy friend and hang out with him for the day. No problem.


-Barista Mia-

Image: D. Sharon Pruitt

0 comments: