What to Do With Clothes You Don't Wear

 

If you all dig in through your closets, you'll notice that you aren't wearing some of the clothes that are just lying there, taking up space in your closet. So what should you do with all these clothes? You can't just keep them there until they die! Well, I'm here with a few ideas on what to do with the clothes that you just refuse to wear no matter what.

Give it a rest and come back to it some other time

There was this certain furry jacket that I barely wore last winter, but I left it in my closet. Funnily enough, although I hated the jacket last winter, this winter, I'm absolutely loving it. I wear it extremely often and many people have complimented me on it. So it's a good idea to leave certain clothes in your closet if you feel like you MIGHT give that clothing item a chance.

Google and find out how you can dress yourself with it in an original way

Most of the time, the reason I stop wearing a certain clothing item is that I get tired of wearing it and I feel like so many people have seen me wearing it already and, y'know, it's sorta embarrassing. But if you Google your clothing item, in my case it was a yellow knitted sweater, you can look for outfits that you've never put together before. I honestly never thought of wearing a dress underneath a knit and with a quick Google search, I found that putting my yellow knit over my salmon dress makes for an adorable look.

Donate

If you simply despise your clothing item, just donate it! Or you could even sell it on Facebook or give it out to your friends. It's better to give it to someone else who WILL wear whatever-it-is-you-don't-wear than let it rot at the back of your closet.

I hope these three tips help y'all. Good night!


-Barista Mia-

Image: Ann Sullivan

0 comments: