Music To Listen To When You're Studying


Unfortunately, Christmas break is over. This means that we all have to pick up the books again (the ones that you didn’t look at for two weeks) and start studying. It is a fact that most teens find studying the most boring thing ever and I get it. Because it is. So, the solution is to have your phone playing your favorite songs from your favorite bands and artists, but this will not help. In fact, you will get distracted and start mumbling the lyrics without paying attention to your school books.

Scientists tell you that the best music to listen to while you’re doing annoying school work is classical music, which I totally agree with, but I understand that that type of music can be even more boring than studying. So, I decided to list a couple of alternative bands and artists that are fun and can make studying less exhausting.

If you’re studying subjects that require creativity and imagination like art and English, I would recommend the following bands:
  1. The Black Keys – This band has some great songs that can make you want to dance for the rest of your life and can also inspire you on an essay. You will want to go back to the 80’s, I guarantee.
  2. The Strokes - Another great indie rock band. You will fall in love with the vocalist’s voice.
  3. The Black Lips – Their beats can make you feel all kinds of emotions.
For subjects like biology and history, I would recommend songs with great beats like:
  1. Kings of Leon – It is impossible not to like them. Their songs are beautiful and I’m sure they will make you appreciate history in a way.
  2. Red Hot Chili Peppers – They are crazy, fun and absolutely talented.
  3. Arctic Monkeys – These lads are British, amazing and have the right songs for every subject.
For subjects like Math and Chemistry, you need a lot of concentration so I think you should listen to bands and artists that have calmer songs. So, we have:
  1. Coldplay – Ok, I know you might think that this is not the appropriate band for studying but their songs are actually great for it.
  2. Damien Rice - His voice is amazing. That’s all I need to say.
  3. Bon Iver – I know you love “Skinny Love.”
Excellent marks guaranteed!


-Barista Alexandra-

Image: Anita Hart

0 comments: