Why I Love Lorde


If you've been keeping track of the music nowadays, you might have noticed something a little different. 'Cause in the charts is a 17 year old who's been killing me with her good music and intelligent humor. Who is she and why do I like her? Well...

She's a freaking Kiwi

No, not the fruit. A New Zealander. Which, coincidentally, I am as well. If you have read my Jamie's World post, you would know that I really do like to cheer on my fellow Kiwis. Seriously. There aren't enough talented people that come from that quiet country. What fun can you expect from a country with more sheep than people, for goodness sakes? But then! Jamie Curry and Lorde just popped up with the best stuff ever. Jamie with her hilarious videos and Lorde with her amazing music.

She actually has a good taste of music

Okay, okay. I am in love with One Direction, I listen to some Taylor Swift, but that doesn't mean I think what I'm listening to is good music though they are catchy songs. I know good music when I hear it, but I have to keep on track of the trends too, you hear me? Gosh. Anyway, have a listen to this:



Yeah! Alternative music. *faints* So good. And here's another.



This girl here is a true artist, yo.

She writes

Yes, she writes her music, but she used to write short stories too (like me!). My connection with Lorde runs deeper than our origins. Haha. And it's not stupid stuff she writes like Friday or Chinese Food. She writes about stuff that really matter. It's no surprise she's such a good writer though, not with an award-winning poet as a mother.

She embraces her individuality and keeps classy at the same time

Yeah, apparently, Gaga and Miley Cyrus are embracing themselves, but what the heck? If stripping naked means being different and special, I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Thankfully, Lorde has come to rescue this fallen music industry by bringing her own individuality and keeping COVERED UP. It embarrasses me as a female when I see girls twerking on stage with nothing but latex underwear on. It's not right. But then... Lorde comes along to the stage wearing gigantic shoes and a long dress. Yay!

She can actually sing




Yes. Yes, she actually can. The ability to sing is very rare in the music industry nowadays. It makes me flinch when certain people try to sing. Lorde, on the other hand, doesn't lip sync, doesn't use playback, and uses her raw voice to bring good music to our ears. Sigh. It's about time someone like Lorde popped up. Maybe there's hope yet for our generation.


-Barista Mia-

Image: Lorde's Instagram

0 comments: