My 2014 Oscars Predictions


Every year, I like to predict the winners for the Oscars, arguably the top award an actor/movie could ever get. 2014 is no different except I decided to share my picks with y'all lovely people as well. So here are my predictions for the winners of the 2014 Academy Awards!!!

BEST PICTURE

My prediction: 12 Years a Slave

This is almost a no brainer (I say "almost" 'cause awards like these can be pretty unpredictable). 12 Years a Slave has had a streak of awards this year, including winning the coveted Golden Globe. It'll be a miracle if some other movie ends up snatching this uh-mazing movie from its naked golden man.

BEST DIRECTOR

My prediction: Alfonso Cuarón for Gravity

Again, another almost no brainer. If you've watched Gravity, you would know exactly why he's my pick for best director. I've never seen a movie so visually perfect.

BEST ACTOR

My prediction: Matthew McConaughey for Dallas Buyers Club

This year is Matthew's year. He's been winning, like, every award out there for whatever the equivalents are for Best Actor. At first, I was pretty sure Chiwetel Ejiofor would win for 12 Years a Slave, but something tells me that Matthew's winning streak is not to be broken. On the other hand, I feel really sorry for poor Leo who's, unfortunately, most likely going to miss his chance for the Oscar once again.

BEST ACTRESS

My prediction: Cate Blanchett for Blue Jasmine

Have you seen her performance? You can't compare it with anybody else's in this category.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

My prediction: Jared Leto for Dallas Buyers Club

I would be extremely surprised if someone else won besides Jared. He's been missing from the acting community for a long time (which definitely helps out) and his performance was phenomenal.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

My prediction: Lupita Nyong'o for 12 Years a Slave

I've been rooting for this girl since I don't even know when. She was perfect in 12 Years a Slave. I guess, Jennifer Lawrence could give this girl a run for her money, but for some reason, I get the feeling she won't be able to win an Oscar twice in a row.

BEST ANIMATED FILM

My prediction: Frozen

You can be the dumbest dumb person ever and still be able to know that Frozen will win this category. How could it not?!

The Oscars are just a few days away now! I've got to get my popcorn ready. You wanna bet how many predictions I got right?

UPDATE!

The Oscars are over now. And it turns out I got all my predictions right! For the first time ever! Whoop!


-Barista Mia-

Image: via (Oscar poster)

0 comments: