The Laws of Hair Straightening


I'm a straightener type of gal. I straighten my hair every single morning. And even when I feel like curling my hair instead, I can always use my trusty straightener to curl my hair into the most perfect curls ever. With years of hair straightening experience under my belt, I thought it would be neat to put the laws of hair straightening that I learned through trial and error finally on indelible ink pixels.

Use a heat protectant

I never used to bother with heat protectants, but since I started using them, I've come to realize how much healthier my hair looks. And even better, I don't have to go to the salon for a trim as often as before.

Use a tail comb

Straightening your hair without a tail comb is possible and I recommend it if you are in a hurry, but if you're not, straightening your hair with a tail comb guiding it makes for cleaner lines in your hair, if that makes any sense.

Divide your hair into manageable sections

Your straightener will work MUCH better if you divide your hair into smaller sections. A big chunk of hair isn't going to get as much heat as a smaller chunk of hair. You want to give enough love heat to each of your hair strands, don't you?

Don't ever DARE to use a straightener when your hair is wet

Just. Don't. Unless you want your hair fried.

Don't straighten your hair often

I know. I'm being hypocritical as I straighten my hair every morning, but my hair is stronger than usual hair, so I have an excuse (kinda). But for the average person, I would not recommend using any type of heat product every day.

The straightener is le best hair tool ever

You can straighten your hair, curl your hair, wave your hair, flip your hair, crimp your hair... You can literally do almost every single hairstyle out there in the world with a hair straightener. All you need to do is be a little creative.



-Barista Mia-

Image: elzoh

0 comments: