Meeting Those Scary Deadlines: Tips


It's the end of the year and that means a lot of things are due before you start fresh for 2014. For me, personally, I have a bunch of college applications due that I should've finished a few weeks ago, if possible. But it wasn't possible as I had so many things to do. HOWEVER! I have finally finished writing and editing my essays to perfection and I am ready to send my apps. Obviously, I procrastinated a little too much (with an excuse, though! So not really.), but in the meantime, I've been picking up tips on how to work with a deadline, which I should've used but didn't. Here's to hoping you're able to put these tips to use and finish all your work (homework, college apps, familial thingamabobs, etc.) before they're due!

Divide your work into manageable sections

If you don't do this, your work is just going to seem like this gigantic blob of things to do and it does NOT look pretty. Instead, divide up your work into sections and work on those.

Set deadlines for those sections

Yay for more deadlines! But seriously. Setting deadlines for each section you need to work on can really help you from stopping procrastination from edging its way back into your life. Plus! These smaller sections are much easier to handle, so deadlines aren't that scary.

Ask for help if you just can't do it

Ask your family, friends, teachers, anybody you know who is always willing to give you a hand. Two heads are better than one, they say.

Reward yourself!

Rewarding yourself is really important. Not only does it make you feel good, but it makes for a great incentive. If you have a coat you want to buy (I do!), keep that in mind as you finish all your work by the deadline. And once you're done, go to the mall and buy that thing and make yourself happy.


-Barista Mia-

Image: Shelby H.

0 comments: