How To Tame Mondays

Yeah, I know. Mondays are terrible creatures, but what can we do? I mean, it's not like we can change nature to skip Mondays. Oh wait. Can we? *slumps back into seat* No. We can't. Cue seven billion sighs.

But that doesn't mean we can't make it better. Now I'm not going to lie to you and say my Mondays are perfect. Trust me when I say this: I don't like my Mondays just like everyone else, but there are certain things I do to feel better about my Monday and the rest of the week for that matter.

So you want to have better Mondays? Listen Read carefully.

1. Stretch



It's painful. It hurts. It takes a lot of patience. But it helps. And that's what matters in the end. Stretch in the morning, the evenings, and the times in between. One of the biggest factors that make Mondays so horrible is stress. So whenever I get stressed, I stretch, and most of my stress just disappears.

2. Be organized



This is a biggie. I feel like Mondays give us so much stress because we feel like we have so little control over the rest of the week. All our tasks are laid out before us and we just don't know what to do. There are so many things to do and we feel overwhelmed. A solution? Make a checklist of things to do. It'll make things easier. Promise.

3. Sleep well



Watching a late night movie, going out with your friends... not such a good idea. To have a good Monday, or at least a not-so-bad Monday, you've got to have some sleep. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep, but don't oversleep either. Get that perfect balance of sleep or you'll just feel horrible the next day.

4. Wake up earlier than usual



I absolutely abhor waking up early. But do you know what I hate even more? Rushing. Don't get tempted by that snooze button. By waking up late, you'll be stressed because of the rush to get ready. I have lots of experience with this. And getting stressed from the morning is not the best idea. It's better to give yourself time to get ready, so you can slowly start the day, lazy style.

5. Make plans



No, not for the week. You'll be busy doing school work. Make plans for the weekend so that you have something to look forward to. If you have something planned for the weekend, you'll be extra motivated. And as a plus, the week will go by super fast!

So those are my tips for taming Mondays. What are your rituals for making Mondays a wee bit better?


-Barista Mia-

Images:  Steven Depolo, mt 23, Elizabeth Ashley Jerman, Alan Cleaver, Desi

0 comments: