Sibling Bonding Time

I’ll admit it. I don’t spend as much time with my little sister as I should. Our age difference isn’t that much (just under two years), but I still find it hard to hang out with her. I mean, she has her friends and I have my own. Let’s have separate lives, shall we?

Now, being homeschooled, I have a closer relationship with my sister than the average teen, but that does not mean in any way that my sister and I love to hang out with one another. I always go out with my friends and she always goes out with her own. But one day, I really wanted to watch Man of Steel and all my friends were at school, so I asked my sister if she wanted to watch it with me. She tagged along and I discovered something. Not that Henry Cavill is super hot. I already knew that. Duh. No, what I discovered is that she’s actually fun to hang out with.

After that movie date with my sis, I did a lot more hanging out with my sister than usual. So with my building knowledge of sibling bonding, I wanted to share with you all the best-est ways you can have a special bonding time with your brother or sister.

Movie

Like I already said, I got to know my sister a little more through Man of Steel. Movies are always great. And you can talk about them later, so you guys won’t have an awkward conversation while on the way home.

Shopping

I wouldn’t recommend doing this with your brother, but with your sister, well… I don’t really need to say anything, do I? After all, shopping is a universal girl language.

Food

Speaking of universal languages, if the above word didn’t make your tummy do a back flip, I’m sorry to break it to you… but you’re not human.

Find a mutual interest

Seriously. With our mutual love for One Direction, my sister and I can talk hours about the subject and watch YouTube videos all throughout the night together. And we have a good laugh too.

Okay. So that’s it. My top four sibling bonding ideas. And just because I stop my list here doesn’t mean there aren’t other alternatives. There are other things to do.

So what are you doing still reading this? Get off your lazy bum, grab your sibling, and head outside for some bonding time. Good luck! x


-Barista Mia-

0 comments: