Senioritis: The Cures


So after writing that post about having senioritis, I decided to Google for some reliable ideas on getting over senioritis quickly before I fail a subject or do something I'll regret for the rest of my life. I had tried different methods beforehand as I noted in my previous post, but those hadn't worked. These new tips, though, I haven't tried yet. So in case they DO actually work to heal senioritis, I decided to share these cures with you.

Do something new

One reason seniors get senioritis is that they fall into a routine and everything just seems so boring. So do something new with your life. Play a new sport, take up a new hobby, take a trip to the beach, whatever... The novelty will make everything seem fresh and cool to you.

Guide the freshmen

Be a role model. Show them the ropes of how to handle high school. Tell them how to balance fun and work in a way that really works. Teach them what foods are edible in the cafeteria and what aren't. It's not every year when you're the oldest and wisest in school.

Hang out with others that have a bad case of senioritis

That way, you guys can suffer together. Just kidding! Surrounding yourself with people who understand exactly what you're going through will make you feel heaps better. And who knows? Maybe you can all push yourselves to get out of that sucky trench called senior year. Of course, this can all backfire and maybe you'll end up motivating each other to get even worse senioritis haha. To make a long story short, be cautious with this tip.

Graduate

This is the traditional cure for senioritis. And yes, there's absolutely no doubt that this cure works. It's worked for millions of high school seniors. So if the above tips don't end up working for you, I guess you'll have to wait till graduation, which actually isn't too far away.


-Barista Mia-

Image: Tammy McGary

0 comments: