The Fear of Talking To Guys


I must admit that I’m not the most optimistic person in the world. I find negative aspects in every situation which means that most of the time, I’m afraid to step out of my comfort zone, especially when it comes to talking to cute guys. Some of you may feel the same way.

There are a few things I have learned in my short life. Firstly, friends are amazing. Secondly, friends will humiliate you when they please, which means basically every second of your day. Thirdly, real friends listen. What I’m trying to say is that you should talk about your fears with your friends and they will certainly help. For example, my friends have come up with a great idea to make me do things I would otherwise never do. We make bets all the time. Don’t worry; it doesn’t have to include money. Most of the time, we dare someone to do what she is too shy to do. This helped me to finally get the courage to talk to this great guy. And guess what? I’m still alive! (Just kidding, I’m still dying of embarrassment)

Of course, being embarrassed is part of the process and it only helps to make the experience fun and exciting.

There are other things you could do. For example, if the situation involves any social network, you can just ask a friend to do it for you! That way, you will just have to shout “OMG” a million times while your friend is doing all the work. Pretty simple, right?

If it involves actually talking to someone, try to find him or her alone and then ask your friends to push you. That way, you will feel obligated to talk to that person.

Okay, I know what you are thinking. All these situations involve an overdose of emotional feelings that will probably make you want to hide in the other part of the world forever. But look at the positive side: it’s better to do it than regretting not doing it.


-Barista Alexandra-

Image: Ignat Gorazd

0 comments: