Things To Do Before You Graduate High School



Now I think I've already mentioned a billion times in previous posts that I am currently a high school senior applying to colleges in the US. Well, I wanted to take a break from all this stressful college stuff and decided to focus on high school, where I am right now.

Here are the things EVERY high school student should do before graduating:

Start a band

Come on! Everyone's dreamed of starting a band and jamming along to tunes and, y'know, participating in competitions and stuff. It doesn't matter if you sound horrible. The point of starting a band is to have fun.

Play a sport

No one. I repeat, NO ONE should sit still on their lazy bums and do nothing. Everyone should go out and play a sport. You can make amazing friends and have some of the best experiences of your life.

Get straight A's for at least one semester

It doesn't matter if you're naturally a C student or something. Work your butt off for just ONE short semester and get those elusive A's. It'll be fun to boast to people that you once got straight A's.

Get your driver's license

Now here's one item in the high school bucket list that I haven't accomplished yet. I have no money or time. Sobs. You people who are able to get driving licenses, think yourself lucky.

Go camping with your friends

Ah, memories. Going camping, starting a camp fire, eating marshmallows, playing around with fireworks... What's a better way to spend your vacations than among your friends and nature?

Ask your crush out

You heard me. Suck it up like a big girl and ask your crush out. You'll regret it if you don't. And if he ends up rejecting you, shrug it off. He's not worth it.

Go to prom

I seriously cannot wait for this year's prom. I couldn't go last year due to stupid SATs, but this year, nothing's going to stop me from dressing like a princess for the night! Prom is something EVERY high school student should experience whether you have a date or not.

Be weird

Yes, be weird. You won't have many excuses to be weird when you're older, so do it all now when you're young and free! After all, you're only young once.


-Barista Mia-

Image: rik-shaw

0 comments: