Getting Into the Christmas Spirit

 

I don't know about you, but getting into the Christmas spirit is a little hard to do where I am living. I guess it's because there are no Christmas decorations whatsoever wherever you go. Okay. Maybe I'm exaggerating a teensy bit, but compared to most other countries, South Korea is not as into Christmas as it could be. Sucks. But it's not like I can change an entire culture, right? Now I know there are others out there who have a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, whether it's because of stress or culture things like me. So how do you get into the Christmas spirit when it seems impossible to do?

Decorate Your House and Room

Clicky here for some tips on how to decorate your room. Putting Christmas lights everywhere, putting up front yard decorations for the whole world to see... It's fun and super Christmas-y. You definitely will feel like Christmas is near when you're done.

Say "Merry Christmas" to strangers on the street

If you aren't brave enough, well, you don't have to do it. But spreading the Christmas love to people you don't know is hecka fun and makes you feel all warm inside. Definitely try it out! It's very nice to see random people smile when you greet them with a "Merry Christmas". If this is too difficult to do, a "Merry Christmas" to anybody you know will suffice.

Sing Carols

I've been singing carols to myself and with my friends for the past week or two to get into the Christmas spirit. And something about the tune of the songs really turns the Christmas side of me on.

Make Someone's Day

Is there any other time in the year when you spend so much of your money on presents and give so much of your time to other people? Make your parents breakfast, get a friend that watch she wanted... I don't know. Just do something to make people happy!

And speaking of...

Be Kind

Go volunteer at the soup kitchen, help a grandma out with her baggage, help your mom with the groceries... Do stuff that you never would have done. Do stuff to even help your arch nemesis. Gasp. After all, giving and serving is what Christmas spirit is about, no?

D-4


-Barista Mia-

Image: D. Sharon Pruitt

0 comments: