Timeless Books That I'll Never Get Tired Of


I'm rereading the Harry Potter series right now and it just hit me how many times I've read the books. Maybe, like, some one hundred times. But guess what? I'm still not tired of reading Harry Potter. Harry Potter is one of those few books out there that have really captured me by the heart. Although for most books, rereading a book is kind of boring, rereading the Harry Potter series is a beautiful luxury for me. I feel really warm and cuddly when I pick up a Harry Potter book to read again.

So! I decided to compile a small list of books that have this type of timeless quality to me. Books that I will never get tired of reading over and over again.

The Harry Potter series

There's something very magical about this series that never makes me tired of the books. The characters are wonderful, the story is so intricately written, and the setting is just magnificent. It's like the magic that exists in the Harry Potter world has somehow translated itself into words so that everyone will fall heads over heels in love with the series.

The Chronicles of Narnia

Ah. Narnia. I cannot even fathom what my life would have turned out to be like if it weren't for this series. The story of an alternate universe filled with the most magnificent and terrifying creatures is just... so great. The Chronicles of Narnia is actually the reason I fell in love with reading in the first place. I think there's something about Narnia that brings childlike joy.

Any Roald Dahl book

The BFG, Matilda, The Witches, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... Roald Dahl has written many of everybody's favorite childhood books. I really feel that the idea of making adults, for the most part, the bad guys has a lot to do with why I love Mr. Dahl's books so much. After all, who doesn't like the idea of the meanie adults being the evil dudes, eh? (I'm totally ignoring the fact that I'm 18, because I'm secretly 10. Yes. Yes, I am.)

Looking back at my list, it looks like what makes a book timeless for me is magic. Not necessarily real magic, but magic that can make my eyes shine with joy like a child's when I read the words of a book. Sigh. These books are seriously beautiful. Thank goodness for authors.

Anyway, what does your list of timeless books look like?


-Barista Mia-

Image: Pedro Ribeiro Simões

0 comments: